Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Jersey Shore Weekend

What an amazing weekend! Mike and I were lucky enough to head back up to New Jersey this past weekend to visit family and friends and attend the wedding of Richie and Mandy. We left Georgia on Thursday after a lesson crunch at work and a little bit of a mix up in our parking job at the airport...I guess we wanted to fly somewhere internationally! Thankfully we made it to the correct terminal in plenty of time to grab a beer and relax.
Mike just loves traveling with me and my Vera Bradley bag...haha!
After a fairly short flight with a rather bumpy landing, we arrived safe and sound in New Jersey. We arrived back at Mike's parents' house just in time to enjoy dinner and a Red Sox win...well I enjoyed it ;) Friday was a day of relaxation and family time with the twins. This, of course, meant beach time! While it has been full on summertime down here in Georgia, it is most certainly fall up north. With temps in the high 60's on Friday the beach was a tad chilly but Mike convinced me to hop in the water. 
Those little bitty dots in the left picture are us!
After the beach the boys got a surprise from Pop Pop and got to dress up like minions...I mean construction workers!
They are just too cute!!!
Saturday brought slightly warmer temps for a gorgeous day for Brielle Day and the wedding. After spending a little time at Brielle Day with the family, Mike was off to get ready for the wedding with the guys and I got to meander through the craft tents with the family...gosh darn carry on bag can't fit all the cute things that I just "need." Then it was time to head over to the wedding. Richie and Mandy had a beautiful ceremony at St Paul's Methodist Church and a gorgeous reception right on the river at the house of Richie's grandfather.
The happy couple:)
Love them!
The entire reception was beautiful and everyone there made me feel so at home. Thank you so much to all of the family friends and new friends who made me feel like I was a local (Mr. and Mrs. Bishop especially). Mike and I both wish Richie and Mandy lots of happy happy years ahead! We also hope y'all have a safe and wonderful trip to Aruba!! We can't wait to see y'all again very soon!
The end of the weekend came far too quickly and it was back to Georgia for Mike and I.
I was very happy to be back on the ground!
Mike and I are both back to long days at work but very ready for our next trip or some guests down this way! Love y'all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment