Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to Autumn aka Hokie season!

Happy first day of Fall! Down here in Georgia we enjoyed a relatively cool day with a high of just 82, which is very fall like compared to the recent weather. At this point I can't even imagine ever having to pull out my winter gloves or wear the new team jacket that I just got but I know that freezing temps will be right around the corner...sadly.
This past week has been a big blur of long hours at work and lots of driving back and forth to visit a student in the hospital, thankfully she is out now and has already come out to visit at the barn with her bright smile and fighter spirit. Mike, however, had an awesome week at work! In the few moments of downtime that we did happen to find we wandered over to a bridal expo last Sunday, made delicious personal peach pies and crafted for football season(well I crafted) .
The bridal expo was small but a huge wake up call to the fact that we need to get to work on this wedding! I can't believe its just around a year away and I have procrastinated a lot...like a ton. I know what I want but sadly no one can read my mind and make it happen so the next few months will be a test of my time and money management. Thankfully we have a ton of great friends to bounce ideas off of and lots of family and friends who have offered up their help. Prepare yourselves because I'm getting ready to get rolling on all of this!
This week was also a goodbye to summertime, which in Georgia means eat all of the peaches you can! So I made these wonderful peach "pies" the other night.
Ingredients:
Peaches (obviously)
Honey
Brown sugar (optional but amazing)
Cinnamon sugar mix
Pie crust
Egg
1. Cut peaches in half and remove pit
2. Fill hole with honey and a pinch of brown sugar
  3. Put peach back together and wrap in pie crust
4. Place peach in muffin tin and brush on egg wash
5. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mix on top of peach
6. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until pie crust slightly browns
Enjoy!!

The arrival of fall also means the arrival of the best season ever...Hokie football!!! Even though we are clearly in Bulldog territory down here we are still very Hokie proud. With my stress levels going up daily I did what any Dailey would do (thanks Mom!) I crafted and here is the result....
Maybe I should be careful this Thursday as we are playing Georgia Tech...oh well, GO HOKIES!
The other season that rolls in with fall is the start of the IHSA season so the girls and I are off to Georgia Southern University on September 28th to kick start the season at our first hunt seat show together. Practice went really well yesterday and I'm starting to get pretty excited for the team to show off their hard work...fingers crossed. Wish us luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment