Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Night Special


     Hey everybody, slow morning on the car lot again so I'm taking a few minutes to catch everybody up on what's been going on down here in Georgia. The weather finally broke this past week or so and we've been experiencing the best weather the south has to offer, hard to beat 75-80 and sunny with low humidity. Jess and I fell in love with the Fall down here last year and it's starting to look like we might get lucky again this year. With the Fall comes show season for Jess so she's off to a show this afternoon until tomorrow night. I think my plans for the evening are a cheap six pack accompanied by a cheap steak and potentially catching up on the action movies I've missed over the past few months haha. If you've talked to Jess at all these past few months you know Friday nights are consumed by TLC's Friday Bride-Day programming ALLLLLL Friday night. All joking aside though life has been extremely busy for the both of us since we returned from New Jersey a few weeks ago. I had a record week at the dealership last week and Jess has been adding more and more community lesson students while trying to get her girls geared up for the show season. It's always an instant relief to come home to Jess and the dogs cuddled up or playing around when I get home late so tonight will be a little weird.
    Back to the work side of life, I got the chance to ride in a 2005 Honda S2000 this week. For those of you unfamiliar with that car, it's essentially a 2 seat rocket built to take turns at 60mph. As my boss said, "The car's not overly impressive just shifting gears normally, you have to drive this b#$*@ like you stole it." My boss took me out to show me what it could do and it went a little like this. 
Back country roads and a car that grips the asphalt like it's velcro led to the most fun I've had at a job in years. I may have been a little queasy afterwards but it was awesome. I have customers mention that above video to me at least once a week. A few customers are starting to trickle in so I'm off to make a deal, followed up my record week with a dud so it's time to make something happen.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment