Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Riding pants to baseball pants

Its fall in the south and the weather could not be more perfect! Especially for a weekend filled with outdoor activities and temps in the high 70's...love it!
Friday afternoon the Wesleyan hunt seat team and I headed off for Statesboro,GA for the first show of the season. Driving with me is always an adventure...trust me! So we took a little detour to a mom and pop bbq place in Metter,Ga that was wonderfully yummy and then we hit the road again to wander our way into Statesboro with very sketchy directions! But we made it and after a sleepless night we were up and at 'em early the next morning. After the girls repacked the van (I have officially met the only people who are worse at overpacking than myself) we took the forever long drive through the cotton fields to the lovely Evermore Farm where Georgia Southern's team rides. 
The show went really well! My novice rider did wonderfully over fences with very strong improvements over last show season and my returning advanced walk/trot/canter riders came home with two thirds and one fourth place...also showing some great moments of improvement. My two new riders that I had showing had successful rides and I think they will do very well this upcoming weekend after getting some of the jitters out. 
After returning home and eating pizza at a super tastey spot in Macon, I unpacked the van and headed home to crash! Whew horseshows can take it out of ya. Thankfully Mike had a super fun day planned for Sunday...we got to go see the Braves play in Atlanta! We continued our luck with wonderful weather and a home team win, doesn't get much better than that!
Turner field
Two very happy Georgia peaches:)




This week at the Wesleyan barn we are welcoming our newest horse, Hemi, to the barn and preparing to head up to Lander University for a two day show this coming weekend. Mike and I are also squeezing in some wedding planning tomorrow with an appointment at Men's Warehouse to get the ball rolling!
Hope y'all are having a great week. Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment