Saturday, August 31, 2013

True love is...a media blackout

If you watch How I Met Your Mother you'll remember this image...
from the episode where the gang attempts to not find out the score of the Superbowl so they can watch it together after recording it. This is how I will feel come kick off time for the Hokies. Mike won't get off of work until 5:00 today and then has an hour long drive home so I've been sworn to a media blackout so that we can watch the game together. Even my team members laughed at the possibility of me being able to pull this off! But I love him so I will. Therefore I figured I'd trek over to the bookstore and write an update blog before I start the tailgate cooking...yes even though its just Mike and I at the apartment appropriate fall, football food is necessary!

First off I'm so sorry that I've been awful about updating! Hopefully y'all read Mike's update the other day and understand the insanity of our lives right now. Getting to work at 8:00 and leaving after 7:00pm doesn't give me a whole lot of energy to write. But bring on the craziness! I have 12 team members who will be actively showing this semester and over 23 students total with our physical education course! Needless to say the lesson schedule at the barn is packed and every horse will be earning their oats this year! Courtenay is also officially out on maternity leave as she gave birth to a happy, healthy baby Miriam Augustine Bunn on Tuesday night! She weighed in at 8lbs 2oz and is adorable! Lots of prayers for Courtenay and Phillip as they manage the sleepless nights...hoping she starts to sleep better soon!
In the midst of getting ready for school to start I got to have a visit from the lovely Courtney Might and her brother Brandon while their family was vacationing in North Georgia. It was so great to see her and have her ride with the team during our pre season bootcamp.
Courtney got to ride one of my favorite schoolies, Catch:)
Pre season bootcamp certainly had its ups and downs but it was nice to get everyone back into the swing of things and address some issues before their schedules got filled up with classes and club meetings. It was also a great opportunity for our new walk/trot rider to get on a horse for the first time! I just gave her her 6th lesson yesterday and she is already nailing down her posting diagonals! I'm very excited to take her out to our first show on September 28th at Georgia Southern. So far we have a really great group of girls prepping for the show season and I'm super excited to get out there and show off their hard work....here we come Region 3 Zone 5!
Lexi and Scout and Western Captain Brittany with Jack
Outside of work Mike and I have been attempting to get out and have a life on weekends. Last week we saved up enough energy to make it out to the movies on a Monday to see We Are the Millers....its hilarious! And the movie theater down here has the coolest Willy Wonka candy machine complete with my favorite, Chewy Runts!!
And of course we keep up a healthy feud in our apartment during baseball season (honestly the Hokies are the only team we agree on!)
And this past weekend we tried to squeeze in some fishing up at Courtenay's barn...sadly we weren't very successful but it was nice to be outside relaxing.
Funny thing is this is actually a cow pond! Don't worry there haven't been cows in it for awhile but it was huge!

In other news Lou pony and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary this week! I still can't believe its already been 9 years and simply cannot imagine him not being in my life. I love that tall, crooked legged redhead more than you can imagine:) I am so thankful that our paths crossed when they did and that I have been lucky enough to have so many people who have loved him along the way and helped us out in every move!

Alrighty well I'm off to figure out tonight's dinner. I promise to be better about updating so that the posts aren't so insanely long! Oh and if you want to y'all can now follow me on Instagram! 
http://instagram.com/preppyhooves#

Let's go Hokies!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment