Saturday, August 3, 2013

Thanks and random updates

I am still in disbelief of how quickly this summer has gone...its already August?! Just crazy. Talking with one of my college friends earlier made me realize how quickly time flies by and how much has changed in what seems like such a short time. Two of my best friends from college are now married, one of my good friends from high school is married, my sister is starting to look at graduate programs and I'm planning a wedding for next October, holy cow! While this summer has flown by it has also brought with it many changes. I officially became head coach of the Wesleyan Equestrian Team this July and my parents moved to Boston at the start of the summer...by the way Happy Birthday, Dad!! Thankfully through all of the craziness and changes it has been so nice to know that a friend or family member is just a phone call away. I truly have no idea how I would have gotten through everything or still be getting through things if it weren't for y'all, thank you so much!
Speaking of thanks, I owe a huge thanks to Katie and Jill. Through a lot of connections, that would be insane to try and type out, Jill has graciously given Mike and I are first official start on the collecting of wedding decor by generously "donating" mason jars and chalkboard signs to us for our wedding. I have never personally met Jill and am still in awe of her generosity and just can't thank her enough! And, of course, I have to give Katie a huge thanks for being the major connector and for storing said items until we can meet up in Savannah,Ga. Thank you both so so much!! And thank you to Kristen for keeping an eye out for wedding bargain sites for me! If anybody has any budget friendly tips please feel free to leave a comment:)

Now onto other random happenings. As promised here is a photo of the lovely Sperry tan line on my feet...it went away for a little bit thanks to self tanner but the sun won out and has brought it back since Gray's wedding.
There is just no getting away from it...oh well :)

Last weekend Mike and I continued our search for a new sushi place in Macon (we have one but might as well keep trying them all!) After hearing one of my students talk about a certain place called SushiLove for awhile I decided to brave it and try it out. For being in Macon, the place has a really neat concept of having sushi on a conveyer belt that travels around the dining room and you just pick up what you want.
The belt as it came by our table.
The sushi was pretty decent and when we picked from the belt it wasn't horrendously expensive which was nice. I also loved the appetizer that we got...it was imitation crab sticks stuffed with cream cheese and lightly fried, so much yummier than it sounds.
The rest of the week was filled with meetings and vet appointments at work along with random rainy days. Tuesday ended up being an all day athletic department training day which literally ran from 9-5pm. While there were lots of great ideas thrown out we still have a lot of work to do for a successful athletic year...I have faith though! The highlight of the day for me personally was lunch...not because it was a break ;)...and the conversation with Coach Hightower. He is our softball coach and is one of the most welcoming people you'll ever meet, he also happened to go to VMI so he actually knew what VI was when he asked where I went to school. He also informed me that once upon a time the VMI guys had a song/cadence about the VI girls! He claims he couldn't remember all of it otherwise I would totally post it..I can only imagine what they said back in the day!! The other highlight of the day was the sheer shock on everyone's faces when I brought up my age and the likely issues with me trying to rent a van from an outside car rental. Its funny because people often see me and think I'm much younger than I am but then when they meet or work with me suddenly they think I'm far older than I am...I'm hoping and guessing this is a good thing, at least I'm learning to like it!
Welp sorry I blabbed on forever but Mike's on his way home after a big day on the car lot so its out for a small celebration of ice cream:)
Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment