Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 wrap up

2013 Wrap Up
Can y'all believe another year has gone by already?! That means that Mike and I have officially made it through our first full year in Georgia and goodness gracious are there some highlights from the year.
2013 was certainly a year of on and off wedding planning. I started the year off with a couple of trips to Savannah,Ga and completely fell in love with it. After lots of options and stresses on wedding location, Mike and I came to our final decision of Savannah,Ga and I couldn't be more excited!
Katie has been such an awesome help with everything wedding-wise!!

Spring brought about end of the year award ceremonies, graduation and prep for summer camp. Thankfully summer was very nice to us this year and we didn't have to endure the crazy Georgia heat, although I'm sure we won't be that lucky again. Summer also brought visits with long lost friends and students, southern wedding festivities in Tennessee, a Jersey shore getaway and new job titles for myself and Mike! Phew a lot happened this summer!
2013 Athletic Banquet
I survived 6 weeks of summer camp...at least they were adorable campers
Ashley came to visit!!
Gray McCurdy became Mrs. Kephart!!
 
 
And Rich and Mandy tied the knot!
 
At the start of the summer/end of spring Mike started working for Butler Honda and began his adventure in sales. Then at the start of July I officially became head coach of the equestrian teams at Wesleyan College. I'd say it was a pretty big summer for us!
I kicked off the fall semester with a boot camp for returning students and was lucky enough to have a visitor from Whitings Neck join us for the day! It was so great to see a previous student doing so well in her riding. The show season kicked off in September and the insanity of the fall semester began!  
 A small part of our boot camp. I can't believe how much the team has grown since the start of the school year! 
 
Somewhere in the midst of show season, car sales and life in general Mike and I picked up wedding planning again and I even got to make a trip to Boston to spend time with my parents and some wedding dress shopping. Even though I didn't find the one while in Boston, I did recently buy a dress here in the South!!
To end the show season I hosted a schooling show at Wesleyan and was lucky enough to have Erin fly in for a southern getaway and to help me keep my sanity!
 This year has been such a lesson in learning to really cherish each and every one of our friends and loved ones. Life can be so fleeting and we should enjoy each and every day. Be sure to tell your loved ones that you love them as often as possible! I know that if it weren't for my amazing friends, family and Mike I certainly wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am today and my sanity would have been lost years ago! I love all of you more than you know! With that being said I can't wait to celebrate a new year with all of you and, of course, can't wait to celebrate Mike and I's union in marriage with all of our close friends and family!! 
Remember how I said that Katie has been amazing as wedding help, well she was kind enough to spend the day with Mike and I in Savannah this fall for our engagement pictures and she is currently housing my wedding dress...love her!!
To end out the year I was lucky enough to get a couple of days away from work and headed up to DC for some time with the family. Then I headed back to Georgia for a nice quiet Christmas with Mike and the puppies and then rang in the New Year with a late night visit to check on the ponies and the love of my life :)

  Wishing you all a very happy new year! Be sure to check back soon for our resolutions and wedding updates! Things are seriously rolling now...we have a dress, a guestbook and the search for an official venue in Savannah begins with a visit very soon!! 
Love y'all!!

If you are looking for another read be sure to head on over to my cousin Hilary's blog! She is currently visiting Germany and has a knack for making history fun!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment