Friday, January 17, 2014

Fashion Friday: Equestrian Style

By now some of you may have seen blog posts on other blogs about fashion, I often come across those postings on my Instagram account or while browsing through Pinterest. Sometimes I admire how adorable and put together people can be day in and day out and silently wish that I could do the same, other times I giggle to myself when they call their fashion sense "equestrian inspired." Well I absolutely love my job and my lifestyle but I will let you in on a little secret...the equestrian style isn't always quite so fabulous.
Here is my Fashion Friday update:
My trusty Sperry's that literally get worn everyday paired with my lovely tall socks (I mean what else are you going to wear under actual riding boots?!) plus white socks are just boring
My winter riding breeches (lined with the comfiest fleece ever...its cold here in Georgia ;) ) I have literally had these pants since 10th grade
My denim button down that is monogramed and embroidered with Wesleyan Equestrian topped off with a scarf (I'm addicted to scarves)
And drum roll please....I actually matched my socks to my Izod vest today!! Apparently I was slightly awake while getting dressed this morning
My lovely accessories include: pearl earrings from Mike (every girl needs pearls) and a lovely slobber/dirt/possibly poop stain on my vest
By the end of today's lessons my accessories also included rosy cheeks and a very pink nose from teaching in the lovely wind
I certainly wouldn't trade my life with horses for the world but I just thought that maybe the rest of the world should know what equestrians truly wear everyday on the farm....every once in a while we do pull off a cute day though :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment