Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sweet Southern Love

If you know anything about my dream wedding you'll know that it involves being near,  preferably on, the water but does not include sand. You also know that now that Mike and I live in the South I have become obsessed with the Spanish moss covered oak trees that give Savannah its charm. So drumroll please........we will have both at our wedding!!
Mike and I ventured to Savannah this past Sunday to go wedding scouting and we were welcomed at every site that we went to, and when I say welcomed I mean the people could not have been any nicer. Everyone was so helpful without being down your throat demanding a decision on the spot, this is most likely the only reason I was actually able to make a decision that day...I do not do well with pressure to make an instant decision.
Mike with the Spanish moss at Skidaway Island.
Mike and I wondered down the amazing driveway of Wormsloe Plantation, explored Skidaway Island State Park and found a little slice of Heaven in Isle of Hope. While I absolutely love love love the oak lined driveway of Wormsloe Plantation they are booked solid through our wedding month...so all of our guests will have to be sure to at least drive by and take a peek at the gorgeous driveway while in town. Skidaway Park had the nicest park rangers and have been nothing but helpful but my debate on if the weather will cooperate rages on and I can't pin myself to no back up plan quite yet. Isle of Hope, however, feels like home.
Here is a sneak peek of the view from our reception site.....I'm so so so excited!!
After lots of driving around and pondering (thank you, Mike, for being so patient!) Mike and I made a decision on the reception site and then headed to downtown Savannah for celebratory drinks and a trip to our favorite Candy Kitchen. 
I am so excited to share Savannah with all of our wedding guests! I've already got tons of fun ideas for everyone while they stay in town so I hope y'all are ready for some Southern exploring :) My next order of business will be to get save the dates out! I'd say that Mike's New Year's resolution of "Get married" is in full swing!
Love y'all!



3 comments:

  1. Looks very nice, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I did to have my name look like that. Perhaps you put a safety feature so I am unable to make comments. Soldo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep that's right Soldo we made it so only you will show up as a crazy name :) just kidding, you have to have a google account for your name to show up

    ReplyDelete