Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stuffing and Sushi



Can y'all believe its already December?! This past week certainly felt like winter was on its way in down here in Georgia but thankfully the weather is turning around (fingers crossed) to warmer weather for the upcoming week.

The puppies and I took some time out of the day to do a quick photo shoot in the fall colors before they all disappear. Can you tell that Badger is used to having his photo taken? He's such a trooper about all of that, Chloe on the other hand clearly has not lived with me long enough to understand posing, haha.
Of course, this past week was the week of Thanksgiving!! Mike and I were lucky enough to host Mr. and Mrs. Denniston for Thanksgiving dinner but we started the day with the ponies at Wesleyan, of course. I believe that Spence is thankful for his warm blanket during our unseasonably cold week.
Badger may have been a teeny bit thankful for his scarf on the chilly Thanksgiving morning...maybe slightly unthankful but he's adorable either way.
After the ponies were taken care of, the rest of the day was devoted to prepping Thanksgiving dinner. Our menu involved: 
Turkey (made by Mike and it turned out amazing!)
Stuffing 
Cranberries (I used the recipe on the back of the cranberry bag and added orange zest, yummmm)
Sweet Potato Casserole 
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Biscuits
Corn
And for dessert I made these adorable mini pumpkin pies :) 
Black Friday consisted of sleeping in and then dealing with a water main break that left us without water for most of the morning but that just meant that Mr. and Mrs. Denniston and I had to head out to the stores. No, we were not part of the crazy early morning crowd! Instead we meandered around Bass Pro Shop and the new Macon mall. I finally started my Christmas shopping, well the parts that won't be from Mary Kay, and finished up shopping for holiday banquet this coming week. (Be sure to check back later this week to see how my holiday banquet table turns out on Thursday) Plus we got to end the day with sushi! So this past week I was able to enjoy my two favorite foods...stuffing and sushi :)
Saturday was a gloriously lazy day of sleeping, ponies and football. And it sure was an awesome football day...yay Hokies!! And holy cow what an amazing finish for Auburn!! Clearly I'm embracing the South with my Mason Jar, adorable new Sperrys (thanks Mr and Mrs. D!!) and SEC football on tv. 
Mike and I are so thankful that we were able to spend Thanksgiving with his parents and already miss having them down here in Georgia! We are looking forward to setting up our Christmas tree and gingerbread house decorating with Nicole and Donnie soon though! So if you're looking for people to visit in slightly warmer weather...get down here to Georgia!! We love having guests!!
Looking for gifts that you couldn't find on Black Friday? Head over to my site for lots of great gift ideas, plus shot me a message that you read the blog and I'll throw in a special gift with your Mary Kay order! 
Love y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment