Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Rookie Semester Wrap

I cannot believe that the holidays are here! This fall semester has flown by but I could not be more grateful for everything that has happened. The whirlwind of my first year as head coach has kept me quite busy and then add to that the attempt to plan a wedding and, well yea then you'll understand my lack of blogging....sorry! I figured I would give y'all a bit of a rookie semester wrap up before we head into Thanksgiving.
My lovely Novice riders...also two of my seniors and our team captains
As y'all know, I started off the year with a boot camp for my returning riders and we headed into the new year with 5 returning team members and 6 new riders! My walk/trot riders have been working hard and consistently improving with each show. The weekend at Lander both Delaney and Ashaunti moved up in the ribbons on the second day jumping from 4th and 5th to 3rd and 4th. My walk/trot/canter numbers have successfully dwindled as Aaron pointed up into Novice to join Beth!
The girls helping Shae and Ashaunti prep for the walk/trot division at College of Charleston.
The hunt seat team started the year at Georgia Southern and we end the semester at College of Charleston with everyone putting in some great rides! Aaron debuted in Novice with a solid ride over fences in a huge class and Mayu earned the most improved award from me for a 3rd place in a gigantic advanced walk/trot/canter class!! She has also decided to stay at Wesleyan for the remainder of the year so I'm excited for some big things to be happening for her in the ring next semester!
Horses and spanish moss...doesn't get more southernly perfect than that!

The western team traveled up to Clemson this semester and will be making many more appearances next semester...possibly with another new face to the western world! Both of my western riders are brand new to the western world, as am I! So it will continue to be an adventure for sure but we're getting all blinged out and ready to dominate!


While traveling with the team takes up a large portion of my time, I'm lucky enough to get to squeeze in some friend time on the road as well! So while in Charleston, Katie met up with the team and I for a little VI reunion. She also got to re-live my wonderful directionally challenged ways while I tried to find the Mellow Mushroom where we met...while driving a bus!
Erin and I re-living our VI days in the ring:)
This past weekend I rounded out the fall show season with a schooling show that we hosted at Wesleyan. After lots of planning, cleaning, stressing and schooling of ponies the show went off without a hitch...except maybe a tad bit too much energy from one of our old schoolies. All of my team members had great rides and my community students (who I teach after the college day is over) came home with a reserve champion in the junior beginner division and a 4th place in the crossrail hunter undersaddle class. Everyone went home happy and the show made a profit!! Can't ask for much more than that...except that I did get more, I got a visit from my dear friend Erin! Thank goodness for her help this past weekend! Getting to ride together felt almost like being back at VI again, loved it :) I think the girls are starting to realize that you make some pretty amazing friendships in college and you should really cherish those years. I know I couldn't ask for better friendships than those that I kept from my years at VI.
I hope y'all are staying warm and getting ready for a wonderfully thankful Thanksgiving! When you start your Christmas shopping keep me in mind and check out my new website to let me help you make your shopping easier!!
marykay.com/jesmeagher
Love y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment