Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Florida wrap up and wedding update


I made it back to good ol' Georgia after a wonderful weekend at The College Prep Invitational in West Palm Beach,Florida. The weekend was so great both from a recruitment standpoint and a networking standpoint. It was wonderful to be able to bounce ideas off of other coaches and see how different equine programs are put together and run. The weekend was exactly what I needed to get refreshed and ready to come back and make the final push to the end of the school year. Its so great to get excited about next year's potential again! I was also super excited to get to reconnect with some of my VI family while in Florida! Eddie, who is now the director of the SCAD equine program, was a great source of motivation and awesome about helping me network with other coaches. I am so thankful to have come out of a program with such helpful professors who continue to want their students to strive for excellence even after graduation.
While things were fairly busy down here with me traveling all over the place for work, Mike and I were lucky enough to get a visit from my mom the week before I left for Florida. It was so great to have her here to help me with all of the little details of the wedding...and to help me satisfy my current shopping cravings!
On Sunday we got to roadtrip over to Savannah with mom to show her the venues for the wedding and soak in some sun and sangria!
Thanks to mom's trip to Georgia I was also able to drop my dress off for alterations!!! I am so insanely in love with my dress and absolutely cannot wait to wear it in October :)
Now that we've made it into April the traveling will calm down a lot but the events at the Wesleyan barn are picking back up as we prep for our upcoming horse show and then wrap up the college year with fun team events including attending the opening day at the polo fields in Atlanta! Mike also goes back to crazy work hours now that the daylight lasts a bit longer which means I get to spend the extra daylight hanging out with Spence man....cast free I might add!
Love y'all!



1 comment:

  1. Last year was the first time my family and I attended Our Kid's World Fun Fest in West Palm Beach and we had a really great time. I recently found out the event is happening on Saturday April 26 & Sunday 27 and that I can even get FREE tickets for the kids online. Not only are my kids excited about this event but they are eagerly looking forward to meeting their favorite Nickelodeon characters. Here is the link where I accessed free kids tickets www.adayforkids.com/free-kids-ticket.cfm or you can visit their website www.adayforkids.com for more event details.

    ReplyDelete