Friday, March 28, 2014

Travel blog

So as some of you may know I'm down in Florida for the College Prep Invitational this weekend to recruitment for my hunt seat team. I certainly can't complain about being in West Palm Beach for the weekend so I figured I'd keep y'all up to date on the happenings. I started the adventure yesterday and in true Jessica fashion I stopped at the sketchiest gas station ever! From the road it looked pretty legit but oh no! First I had to go in to retrieve my receipt for gas and quickly realized I didn't even want to look at the food in that place, but a bathroom break was a must. Ummmm where to start, there were no locks on the stalls and a ceiling fan that was directly over the lightbulb...yep lightbulb not a light fixture...giving off that lovely scary movie flashing light feel. I attempted to push it all out of my mind and make my escape but I was trapped. Not even kidding I couldn't get the main door unjammmed even after throwing all of my weight into it!!! Thankfully a very nice gentleman came by outside and rescued me. I swear my travels never stop amazing me. Eventually I made it to my hotel safely after the 8 hour trip.
Today marked the first day of the show which kicked off with a college fair for the riders and parents. It was a great, although very windy, day and a wonderful way to start off the recruitment process. Getting to reconnect with some of my VI family was the cherry on top and I'm so excited to go back tomorrow!
Wish me luck y'all! Love ya!
PS I promise to write a wedding/mom visit update when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment