Thursday, March 20, 2014

Not Only the Good

     So I figured since Jess is still in the cast and watching her type the last post was a little painful, I'd add a post of my own to the blog this week. She's been a real trooper about having her cast on this long even though I know it's killing her that she hasn't been able to ride. Life has been a little crazy since the accident with work, wedding planning, and visitors but we're hoping it starts to get back into some form of a routine soon with her cast scheduled to come off next week.
     With everything happening this past month it was something little like our dog Chloe peeing on her dog bed the other night when my parents were visiting that made me say "there's always something". I was getting home from work and we were all going to go right out for a nice dinner when she decided that our plans would be delayed. I get frustrated, but honestly I've got no other choice but to laugh it off and realize it's the things like that which are truly out of our control. "There's always something" isn't the right attitude to have, because when you say that, there always will be something no matter how good things are. I have to practice what I preach, I always tell Jess when she gets frustrated with work or life to worry about the things she has some degree of control over and have some faith that the rest will find a way to work out. For those of you who know Jess closely, which I'm assuming is most of the people that read the blog, you know that she over apologizes. When things don't go our way or she sees that I'm getting frustrated she'll say sorry when there's nothing for her to be sorry about. When we're being tested I stop and tell her "I'm not just here for the good things, I'm here for the not so good things too". I say that because things are never truly bad if we don't allow them to be. Yes we've hit a few bumps in the road and encountered some challenges with the move down here to Georgia and more recently the car accident, but things have never truly been bad and I don't believe they ever will be. I tell Jess I signed up for all of it, the good and the not so good, when I got down on my knee and proposed, when I asked her to join me on this big old adventure we call life.
     We've grown an immense amount since making the decision to move down here and when we reflect on where we were and where we are now, we both agree that we'd do it again in a heartbeat (We will research where we're moving to more in depth next time haha). There truly is no substitute for experience and with the love and support of our family, friends, and each other, we're learning as we go. Hope everyone enjoys the long awaited first day of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment