Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring visits!

This week Mike and I were super excited to have a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Denniston! It is always so nice to be with family and certainly made our little apartment feel much more like home. While we love the weather down here it can be a tad bit lonely without our families within a close driving distance but it makes any visits that we get that much more special. This particular visit may have made Mrs. Denniston realize that I'm obsessed with Pinterest as the majority of our recipes have been found on there and every crafty item in our apartment is somehow Pinterest inspired. My wedding notebook is also practically filled to the brim with Pinterest inspiration...I mean really, how impossible would it be to plan a wedding without it?! In case anyone is super curious here is a link to my Pinterest boards...prepare yourself for a lot of wedding and nautical pins!
The Denniston turtle release also went off without a hitch on Tuesday afternoon. Mike and I took advantage of the warm weather this afternoon and took a stroll around the pond; we're pretty sure we spotted one of the Denniston turtles looking quite happy in their new home:)
I'd say they are living the life...huge pond and weather in the high 70's all weekend
And some pretty adorable pond mates...ducklings!!
I am so excited that spring is finally here! The weather and blooms everywhere certainly do wonders in  lifting the spirits. The warm weather also does wonders for making certain ponies behave themselves, especially now that I am schooling everything in the barn along with Courtenay's horse Pride who has joined the ranks of the lesson horses this semester. With a crazy schooling and lesson schedule I believe Spence started to think he was on retirement, little did he know I was just waiting for a burst of energy and motivation and it came along this weekend. Thankfully my motivation level turns to high when the weather hits above 60 so its full steam ahead into spring and show season. Speaking of shows, we are prepping the barn for our first Wesleyan schooling show next weekend so fingers crossed that our weather stays super nice! On another exciting note...this week it became official that I will be the head IHSA coach next year for Wesleyan College! I am very excited to start motivating the team and making goals for a successful show season next year! Wish us luck!!!
Who wouldn't be smiling when they live in the cherry blossom capital of the south?

No comments:

Post a Comment