Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Mike and I hope that everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Easter! This weekend we were blessed with beautiful southern weather in the mid 70s, it certainly lifted our spirits from their winter blues. While its been really tough being so far from all of our family and friends, Mike and I have tried to keep fun holiday traditions alive with each other...so this weekend we dyed Easter eggs! Every time we put our own twist on family traditions we have so much fun reminiscing about our family memories and all of the hilarious stories that have come about from them.We also received a wonderful Easter surprise of goodies from my parents on Saturday so we have been full of Easter joy.
Spring blooms always have a way of brightening the day.
Getting ready to be Easter bunnies
Big kid
Easter Sunday, of course, started with chores out at the barn. Like I've said before a holiday with me just isn't complete without the ponies! After finishing up at Wesleyan we headed up to see Lou pony who was certainly feeling the spring fever today! It is so nice seeing him so happy and so spirited lately. After so many ups and downs with soundness and other leg issues it is really nice to see him truly enjoying his retirement.
Lou enjoying a romp around his retirement field:)

Once we got home it was time to figure out Easter dinner. Mike made an awesome brown sugar glazed ham in the crockpot that made our apartment smell amazing. I made a sweet potato casserole and biscuits to go with the ham and thankfully everything turned out wonderfully. I swear my grandmother must have been watching me make that casserole and slightly giggling but she saved my butt when she sent Mike into the kitchen to ask about the brown sugar...which I had forgotten to mix in! Once that slight mishap was fixed everything else went off without a hitch.
Now its time to relax and enjoy some black jellybeans to end a nice Easter. Love y'all and happy Easter!






No comments:

Post a Comment