Friday, March 29, 2013

In the South...

Living here in Macon has been...interesting. At times it seems just like any other town in America, at times it can be a bit sketchy and then there are those wonderful moments when it feels like the South that you read about in books and see in the movies. Taking a little me time at the hair salon today reminded me of just how southern it can be. You know you are in the south when:
Your hair stylist is wearing cowboy boots...and actually pulling it off.
There are at least five women in the salon wearing something with a monogram...including your hair stylist.
The most popular topic of conversation is what church everyone is going to for Easter service.
You literally feel like you are sitting in a sorority house with the nicest girls you have ever met.
I'd say its pretty obvious why I absolutely love the hair salon that I go to down here, thank God for the south!

On a side note: I found this on pinterest the other day and immediately thought of the Denniston family. So this is for you Mr. and Mrs. Dennniston
 

No comments:

Post a Comment