Thursday, April 18, 2013

Birthdays and horse shows

I'd like to start out this post by saying thank you so much to everyone for all of the birthday wishes this past week. It means so much to me to have so many supportive and loving people in my life and all of the cards, packages and phone calls truly brightened my day! Aside from my birthday, this past weekend was a whirlwind of activity as we hosted a schooling show at Wesleyan College. We lucked out with the weather and had a wonderful day of sunshine and mid 70's along with the perfect cooling breeze. It was a long but successful day filled with lots of happy horses and riders. It went so well that we've had tons of requests to host more shows so I guess I should prepare myself for even more horse show weekends!
Down here in Georgia I've learned that spring means completely random weather....one day its in the 80's and the next day its raining and 50. So, of course, the day after the show it was raining but it still made for a nice day to visit Lou pony to wish him a belated birthday.
Happy 12th birthday Lou pony!! (He was searching for more peppermints:)

The horribly sad events in Boston and Texas this week have made Mike and I hug each other a little harder and truly cherish all that we have and the people in our lives. We are keeping all of the victims of both tragedies in our prayers.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."
Matthew 5:9


No comments:

Post a Comment