Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Handing over the reins...

Before I hand over the reins for this blog update I would like to announce that I am in no way responsible for what may happen next. Have fun with Mike's updates!

     Updates?! You mean I'm going to be allowed to write more than this one time? haha. We've tossed the idea of me writing a post back and forth since she started this blog; so here we go. What a whirlwind year I've had, the holidays make me think back and reflect a lot. It has been almost two months since Jess and I moved to Georgia and we're still settling in and finding some routines. I'm working on a cattle ranch part time while also working for a landscaping/hardscaping company. It is such a nice change of pace from all of the inside warehouse work I've been doing over the past 2 years. Life is starting to settle down a bit now that I'm working more regularly. Macon is opening 2 new firehouses soon so I'm hoping to get my foot in the door and start a career with the fire service.
     We had a successful Thanksgiving and we're really looking forward to traveling north to see our families for Christmas and New Years. I don't think I've been back to New Jersey since June, maybe even longer than that so I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends and getting a chance to introduce the new fiancee to those who have not yet met her. I'm pretty sure she'll like showing off her ring for 2 days. The whole 16 hour drive is the only thing I'm not looking forward too though.
     I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't say how thankful and blessed I am to have the family and friends that have been there for me throughout this last year or so. I've made so many life changing decisions, made two big moves, changed jobs, proposed, and a few of those changes wouldn't have been possible without those special people I have in my life. My family has been there for me at every turn and has done nothing but reassure me that I've been making the right decisions. I love being able to pick up the phone to call my parents, brother, or sisters to catch up or maybe even have a more serious talk. I've found support and parental advice in Jess' parents as well. We're so lucky to be surrounded by such loving people and parents that are such good role models when it comes to loving relationships. Of course, I wouldn't be doing any of this or be as happy as I am if it wasn't for Jess....maybe she'll let me write another post some time down the road now ;)

My couple day old working buddy the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment