Sunday, December 23, 2012

Lattes and...redneck lights?

Less than 2 days and we'll be packing up and heading out for Christmas up north aka the tundra. All of the baking and wrapping is done and now we just have to clean, pack and drive. Until Tuesday Mike and I are enjoying our new traditions down here in Georgia. Mike has been awesome and been helping me out with the extra shifts at the barn, as well as hanging out on the unbearably windy days at the barn. Tonight we grabbed gingerbread lattes and drove around town to find Christmas lights. The lighted houses were a bit sparse but we found a few that took the cake. This one in particular made us, as honey boo boo would say, "redneckignize."
This lovely display was of Santa driving an old Volvo with elves popping out of the back. All of this complete with a stoplight...yep we found a winner!

The rest of the weekend was full of shopping, baking, wrapping and Lou pony visits. Oh and napping for Mike while I baked up a storm:)
Chloe is never one to miss out on a cuddle session.
Yummy pecans. I may be getting the hang of Georgia baking....everything includes pecans in some form!
The two boys that can always put a smile on my face:)
Lou and I will be celebrating our 8th Christmas together this year. I love this horse so so much! It is so nice that Mike and I can share down time with him now and he always lifts our spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment