Thursday, May 29, 2014

Red Sox in the South

Those of you who know me know that I have moved a fair amount of times in my life, however, I don't believe I have ever lived in a state that is quite as fanatic about their sports teams as Georgia. In other states you might come across pockets of fans but here in Georgia everything revolves around UGA football and the Braves. Literally during football season the topic of discussion at any stop during your day, including the hair salon and grocery store, will be the dawgs and where you will be watching the game.
But this week the Red Sox came to the south and lordy bee there are some Sox fans in Georgia after all!! This Tuesday Mike and I headed to Atlanta after work to root on the Sox...well I was rooting for the Sox and Mike was rooting for the Braves. Mike out did himself with our tickets this time. From the very start ( when Mike took me to my first MLB game ever at Camden Yards) Mike has come up with some impressive seats for baseball games, this time we had club level. Gigantic difference!! Our view was awesome and our entire level felt the first class version of ballpark food. My only complaint is that there were no Dippin' Dots on our level....but fear not I found some on the level below before we left. Moral of that story? Get club tickets if you want to feel fancy for a night out at the ballpark.
The game was awesome and at times it felt like we were sitting in Boston as chants of "Let's go Red Sox!" rang out through the stadium. Its not very often that there seems to be more visiting team fans at a Braves game! I got to leave the game happy after a Red Sox win and the feeling that Red Sox nation even spreads into Georgia.
Hope y'all are enjoying the start of summer and baseball season!

No comments:

Post a Comment