Friday, May 31, 2013

TGIF!!

Thank goodness its finally Friday!! It has been one crazy week of ups and downs but I'll start at the beginning...Memorial Day weekend or the calm before the storm. With the arrival of summer there comes the arrival of vacations, well at least for all of the barn help. Which, of course, really means that Courtenay and I get to pick up all of the extra shifts, so I spent most of Saturday out at the barn which ended up being completely relaxing and fun. Then on Sunday Mike and I set out to enjoy the wonderful weather and found some interesting friends along the way.
With it being Memorial Day weekend we just had to grill out because well, what else do you do on an American holiday:) Shrimp, chicken and steak kabobs were on the menu and s'mores as dessert. It just isn't summertime if there aren't s'mores!
Mike was a tad over enthusiastic with the fire
 Mike had to work on Memorial Day so I spent the day between the Wesleyan barn and visiting Lou pony up in Forsyth...and then Betsy decided that she wanted out. On the way home from Forsyth she decided that screaming loudly all the way home was super fun. Of course, after the 45 minute drive home I was in a full panic and spent the rest of the day safely at home. Thankfully I have a wonderful fiance who drove me to work in the mornings this week and wonderful students who gave me rides home when Mike had to work late. 
Then Thursday came, all week long I literally could not think past Thursday. It was an early morning starting off with picking up my car at Wesleyan so Mike could drive it up to Forsyth to get fixed, then we loaded up Lou pony and Colonel to head back to Wesleyan. Lou got to spend the day at Wesleyan while we took Colonel and Spence up to the vet.
I think he enjoyed his day at college...so much so that he didn't really want to leave at the end of the day!

Spence was a trooper about going back to the vet and was a gentleman about his minor eye surgery to insert the catheter under his eyelid. He will stay at the vet for a couple of weeks to receive eye treatments through the catheter every two hours. Dr. Jennifer was much more optimistic about Spence's eye and things are looking up for being able to treat the infection.
Everything is all set for treatment and Spence settled in well in his new stall
Dr. Jennifer said that I am welcome to visit anytime, so there will be lots of Spence updates coming soon! Upon returning to Forsyth with Lou and Colonel in tow after work, I got to pick up Betsy. Now if you know Betsy you know that she squeals and squeaks on a good day...not any more!! Betsy the Blue Explorer is alive and kicking! I am beyond excited and beyond grateful to Phillip and Steve for spending the day figuring out what was happening! So now that Betsy is back up and running I will get to visit Spence man and continue to spoil him during his recovery:)
Now that it is Friday and every horse in the barn has been worked this week, its time for a relaxing weekend....hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment