Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey and Redskins day!

This past week hasn't been the easiest week by far. My emotions have been up, down and all overboard mostly as a result of homesickness during the holidays. The onslaught of Christmas music hasn't helped much nor did hearing everyone's travel plans around campus. But I am one very lucky girl, I have Mike and some amazing friends that have shouldered my emotions for me. Every time I feel a break down coming on I know I can pick up the phone and have a supportive, understanding, listening ear on the other end ( thank you Gray and Katie, you two are awesome!). And when I get home at the end of a long day and fighting back tears Mike is always there with open arms. I can't even begin to explain how thankful and blessed I am to be engaged to such an amazing man; never once has he faltered in supporting our decision to move to Georgia and never once has he done anything but strive to make this new place our home. I love you with all my heart Mike!
Onto happier notes. Last night I had a lovely blonde cooking moment...not surprising at all. While making pumpkin dip (a new favorite of Mike and I's...thank you pinterest) I was merrily mixing all of my ingredients when I realized I had dumped in cook and serve pudding mix instead of instant pudding mix. At first I figured no big deal, ha! Certainly not the same outcome at all! Thankfully our Thanksgiving meal today went much more smoothly. Mike made the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits while I was in charge of the cranberries and stuffing. Everything was delicious and now we have Thanksgiving leftovers to last until Christmas, hahaha! After an early dinner we headed off to the barn to do evening chores, again Mike is awesome as he came and helped do turnout and stalls. Somehow no holiday seems complete anymore without a pony kiss from Spence or Lou pony. Now we are settled back into the apartment with a new batch of pumpkin dip setting up in the fridge and the Redskins on tv. Georgia is starting to slowly feel a little like home.
Hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Remember to take time to be thankful for all of your blessings today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment