Monday, December 8, 2014

Hitting the wall

I guess I should start with saying that I hope everyone had a wonderful, warm and food filled Thanksgiving! Mike and I enjoyed the warm fall day by hosting two of my riding students for Thanksgiving dinner and hanging out with the pups, of course! We very much missed our families but are so grateful that we have such wonderful families to miss. We are also extremely thankful and excited that we get to visit with Mike's parents at Disney at the end of this week!! It will be my first trip to Disney so if anyone has any "must do's" please let us know! Mike and his family have been many times so they are very excited to show me everything and I can't wait to experience it all.
Any of you who know me very well know that I suffer with severe migraines that started when I was in middle school. No matter how many medicines we tried or how many journals I kept I still haven't been able to figure out exactly what triggers my migraines or how to prevent them. Recently my migraines have become more frequent and so I've hit a wall, I'm over it! If you suffer from migraines you know that you get to a point where you will try anything to find relief. Well Mike and I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" the other day on Netflix about a man who does a juicing detox and shares his journey and benefits that he finds. During the documentary he meets a woman with migraines who agrees to a juicing detox and one of the side effects for her was that her migraines stopped....boom I'm sold. So Mike invested in a juicer and we bought out the produce section of the grocery store.
I found a bunch of juice recipes meant for migraine sufferers and Mike found a bunch of detox juice recipes and we are hitting the juicer full speed. So far so good even though the first round of juice was a bit rough, since then we've figured out to make everything taste a bit better. I'll be sure to keep y'all up to date on our progress and post some of our tastier juice recipes.


For now I'll leave you with this cozy scene of our spoiled puppy , Badger, and our soon to be decorated Christmas tree. Love y'all!!





No comments:

Post a Comment