Friday, August 1, 2014

Weekend escape: Kentucky Style

Praise the Lord summer camp is over!! Actually it ended last week and I have just been enjoying the freedom from campers all week by working like a crazy person but I did have a lovely escape last weekend. You know those times when you just need to run away for a bit? Yea that was exactly what happened, so much so that I didn't even mind sitting in crazy traffic on Friday afternoon as I headed north to Lexington,Kentucky.
One of my awesome college friends, Erin, landed a job with the USEF this year...which is crazy awesome and I am still super excited about it...so it was about time I made the pilgrimage to the home of Rolex and all other things horsey.
Thankfully Kentucky all does wine and vineyards pretty darn well plus we were blessed with amazing weather in the high 70's...in July!!

After a day of soaking up the gorgeous weather and sipping on delicious wine...Talon Vineyard was amazing...we ended the day out in true horse person style. We headed over to the Kentucky Horse Park for the grand prix show jumping and got to visit the headquarters of the governing bodies for the American horse world!
The horse park is so beautiful in the evening.

Sunday brought in some crazy weather but in the breaks of rain, hail and insane wind were glimpses of the perfectly green Kentucky horse fields.
Thank you so much to Erin and Juliana for letting me crash with y'all and showing me around! It was exactly what I needed for the weekend and I literally got to come home with a much more clear mind that was ready to tackle the week ahead. Plus I got to come home to our newest boarder and my newest dressage partner, Drummer! One of my students bought this big boy as her first horse so we are looking forward to lots of learning and great rides for the two of them. And added bonus he has some pretty awesome dressage training on him already so I'm looking forward to schooling second and third level movements with him.
I hope that y'all are enjoying the end of the summer and have been able to escape some of your everyday stresses as well! I'm so happy to be back to a place of sanity again...so now bring on the college students and wedding planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment