Monday, July 21, 2014

Real Talk

Hello long lost blog readers!
I know that I have been an awful blogger lately and have been a bit MIA. I am totally going to use the work excuse on this one though...saying that Mike and I have been swamped with work would be an understatement. I am going on week #7 of summer camp and I'm pretty sure my brain is oozing out of my ears daily. Don't get me wrong I love the ponies (God bless them!) and I love kids but after answering the same question for the 15th time in one riding lesson I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I am desperately missing my more challenging lessons so the fact that the college girls are coming back in just a few short weeks is super exciting and super daunting all at the same time!
The ponies and volunteers have been troopers during the long summer camp days!
Do you ever feel like you have so much to do that us the thought of it all makes you tired? Yep I feel ya on that one! Between summer camp, recruiting (which reminds me I have a summary to do...oops), pitching new ideas to the show board (fingers crossed on a very big announcement soon), construction on the barn (our new stalls were worth the craziness), planning the wedding, attempting to ride all the school horses and pop on Spence when I get a chance, building the community riding program with lots of extra lessons and oh yea squeezing in having a life...hahaha. Thankfully Mike has kept me grounded and we have managed to start having a date night once a week which is a sanity saver for sure! The wedding pieces are starting to fall together but I still have minor panic attacks when I think of everything else that needs to happen before October. And this year's team is shaping up to be even bigger than last year's team and we have quite a few riders with some stand out talent...yay!
 Spence is a big fan of our new stalls now that they are completed!!
I was lucky enough to grab a bit of a vacation during a break in summer camps and headed up to Boston to visit with my parents. After my body decided that it didn't want to reject being on vacation I was able to get in some chill time to relax by the pool, catch up with Mom and Dad, grab lunch with Mike's best man, Ryan,  and of course fill up on tons of lobster. Needless to say I was one very happy girl:)
Just dancing in the Boston rain with Mom
 Fenway on a rainy day is better than New York anyday :)

To celebrate the last Monday of summer camp I will be enjoying a nice glass of wine tonight, The Bachelorette (yes it is my guilty pleasure tv) and attempting to make French macaroons...so be on the lookout for a new recipe or disaster story soon! Thank you all for bearing with me through this crazy time in Mike and I's life as we strive for personal and professional growth and please forgive me if I look like I'm about to lose it every time someone asks me about plans for just about anything. I am so thankful to have so many supportive people in my life and I am very excited about where everything is going...sometimes I just need to remind myself of how blessed I truly am and I am very lucky that I have all of you to remind me of that!
Love and miss y'all tons!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment