Sunday, June 15, 2014

Makin' it in Macon

Wow summer is here in full swing and with it busy busy days but I love it! This past week and a half has been super crazy. Last week I helped out with Kid's College at Wesleyan and landed a spot in the Macon Telegraph newspaper with our school horse Sonny. They just love to pick the most flattering horse pictures! A weekend with friends was a perfect way to relax before the start of our equestrian camps at the barn. Plus Mike and I got to spend some time on the water with new friends and even tried our hand at water skiing. We both managed to get up and I managed to keep myself up for a turn around the lake!



The week was packed with camp activities and riding lessons as well as the arrival of our new stalls for the equestrian center! Tomorrow construction starts on the stalls so things should be looking pretty spiffy at the barn very soon. We also managed to get some more news coverage at the barn this week and landed on the 5:00 news for a piece on our summer camps.....gettin' famous down here in Macon y'all!
My advanced girls and awesome helpers this week.
Of course the hardest working help at the barn goes to the horses who put up with the campers all summer. Good ol' Henry loves being the camp demo horse and is the most patient thing ever about being painted on all summer. This week we did color coded body parts to help the campers remember the parts of the horse that we labeled on the board....however, after the campers left the classroom labels got a bit more interesting!
This weekend has already flown by but Mike and I were able to get a few more wedding details under wraps so everything is coming together!! I know that October will be here before I know it and I just hope I don't forget anything!! 
Hope y'all are enjoying lots of sunshine! Love y'all!








No comments:

Post a Comment