Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bring it on

Bring it on...the wedding planning that is. The rain gave us a wonderful break today and I got to go to Savannah to meet up with Katie for the Georgia Bridal Show. Going and soaking up all of the wedding ideas was great but getting to catch up with Katie made the day wonderful!
The bridal show gave me a basis as far as budget goes and things that can realistically be done for a wedding. Katie also reminded me that it is about the experience..not about the chairs and centerpieces. I needed that reminder and I am so excited to get to share such an exciting day with all of our loved ones next spring.
Today also made me fall in love with Savannah. Right now I would say that my favorite place that I have visited thus far would have to be Key West, Savannah may be in second now. Katie and I got to wander around the city a little bit and found a cafe to grab lunch in the middle of Savannah. There was literally live music in the street and people milling about everywhere. Every street corner seemed to hide quiet corner parks and the streets were lined with pecan trees and "old man's beard" shading the way. The entire city seemed to drip with southern charm and I loved it! I'm looking forward to many more visits there to meet up with Katie!
One of the many unique modes of transportation around the city
One of the many quaint parks around Savannah,Ga



No comments:

Post a Comment